Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Love this Christmas-y Time of Year

The holidays were a blur, but they were fun! Mike, Julie & Emma came into town on the 24th and stayed with us while they were here. It was so much fun!! We all had a great time...but I think the kids enjoyed it the most (as it should be).
For some reason, Matt & I volunteered our home for the annual McCoy Christmas Eve get-together since it was supposed to be at Dan & Judy's this year and we knew their home was just not big enough to have all those people in it. What a crazy few days we had before and after trying to get ready for it, and then cleaned up from it! Would I do it again??? Sure, why not!
Christmas day was a full day! We woke up at 7 to be at my Mom's by 8:30am. We opened gifts and played with the Wii that my family got. Then it was time to go to Dan & Judy's. We opened gifts and had lunch there. Jack got a really cool Kawasaki motorized four wheeler that he just loves! Emma got a cool slide and rocking horse that both kids loved! Then, around 2 Matt, Jack and I went to my Dad's house to open gifts and visit. My sisters and Jeff Moore came too! We stayed there until 5pm. Then we went back to my Mom's house for dinner and birthday celebration - her birthday! Matt, Jack & I left for home around 8pm weary and exhausted from a very long and exciting day.
Then, not a week later, we went to Matt, Sara & Kinsley's for their 3rd Annual New Years Eve party. This year's theme was Wild West. Jack made it until about 10:30pm, and then zonked out upstairs in his car seat. It was a lot of fun. Matt didn't get that into dressing up, but I went to Salvation Army and got a decent outfit. Unfortunately, something in the outfit made me sneeze, so I had to give it back to the Salvation Army after the party. Oh well!!
Below are some pictures from Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and random pics of Jack & Emma playing while they were together.

Matt & Jack Christmas morning at my Mom's opening a gift for Jack.
I love the expressions on both of their faces...exactly the same!!

My Dad and Jack at Dad's house on Christmas Day.
Jack was getting a little tired by this point.

Here's Jack on his four wheeler.
It's not on Christmas Day,
but we had to assemble it first!
(Yes, that's me with him...wearing matching overalls!)


Jack & Emma played so well together! How great!!!

No comments:

About Me

Archive