Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 4, 2008

2 Weeks Old . . . What a BIG guy

Yesterday Jack went for his 2 week check up and he is doing great! He has gained two pounds since leaving the hospital - weighing in at 9 lbs 6 oz. He has also grown about a quarter of an inch, which brings him to 20.5" long. He is really growing fast!!!









And, since yesterday was such a beautiful day (almost 60 degrees and sunny) we went for a little walk around the block. (Mostly just to get me out of the house. I feel like I've been on house arrest for the past two weeks!) Cindy and Becky accompanied me. We probably looked pretty silly-the three of us trying to smush ourselves onto the sidewalk around the stroller so we could all look at Jack while we were walking him!! Oh well, we had fun. And, as usual, Jack slept for the majority of the walk. He only opened his eyes when we hit some pretty big bumps. I think I may have inadvertently given Jack brain damage with all those bumps. Sorry Jack!


Jack has also been to his first restaurant. After my doctor appointment on Tuesday my Dad, Grampa Tip, took Jack and me out for breakfast at . . . you guessed it, The Olive Tree!! He was very good - he didn't make a sound until we were on our way out.

Jack also made it, finally, to his first meeting on Wednesday. He was great, though Matt and I were a bit nervous. Every time he made a face or sighed, we just about had a heart attack thinking he was going to start crying. But, he's a baby, that's what he does and we're just going to have to deal with that when it happens. He, again, didn't make any "real" noises until meeting was over thankfully!! I know that won't be a normal phenomenon, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts :)

2 comments:

Guests as of 5/3/10 said...

Wish I could hold him, he is so cute:)

Anonymous said...

awww he's gotten so much more grown up lookin since i last saw him...eyes open and so alert in that picture! :) i'll have to visit again soon!!

About Me

Archive